At Positive Counsel, we believe in the generous sharing of information. Clients turn to us for our expertise and we are happy to share our knowledge. Below are some resources you may find helpful in your job search and career development. For articles written by our founder, click here.
Online Job Boards
- Indeed.com: Aggregates job postings from a number of different sources. Conduct searches for “attorney”, “lawyer”, “counsel”, “legal”, and “law clerk” to pull up additional listings. www.indeed.com.
- PSLawNet: Non-profit / public sector job openings. www.pslawnet.org
- Corporate, Start-Ups or Big Law Firm Sites: www.goinhouse.com, www.startuphire.com, www.ventureloop.com, and www.gobiglaw.com are specialty sites for specific types of legal employers.
- USAJobs: Official online site for federal job opportunities. www.usajobs.gov.
Non-Profit/Public Sector Jobs
- Equal Justice Works: Opportunities and fellowships for law students and attorneys geared towards public interest and social justice. http://www.equaljusticeworks.org/
- Idealist (Action without Borders): Comprehensive listing of public service positions, both legal and non-legal, in over 140 countries. www.idealist.org.
- Opportunity Knocks: Resource for non-profit jobs and public sector employment opportunities. www.opportunityknocks.org.
Alternative Legal Careers
- Websites for exploring alternative legal careers:
- Alternative Legal Career resume samples:
Specialty & Minority Bar Associations
- American Corporate Counsel Association (ACCA): http://www.acca.com/
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America: http://www.atlanet.org/
- Hispanic National Bar Association: http://www.hnba.com/
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association: http://www.mcca.com/
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association: http://www.napaba.org/
- National Association of Women Lawyers: http://www.abanet.org/nawl/