UCLA Law Women LEAD of San Francisco Presents A Mentoring Circle
“Positioning Yourself to Transition to an In-House Legal Department” - Thurs., Feb. 11 @ 6pm, Sheppard Mullin, SF
Description: The labor market in San Francisco and Silicon Valley is hot, especially for mid-career professionals. Companies like Gap and Tesla, among others, are looking to bolster their legal departments with seasoned professionals. Our panelists will share their personal experiences making the jump in-house and navigating a business environment. During the round-table discussion, we will cover topics such as “ideal” backgrounds and timing, how to promote yourself via resume and using social media, how to translate legal skill-sets into a business setting, how to negotiate your pay package. Instead of a panel with a strict agenda, our Mentoring Circles are small intimate interactive discussions where all questions are welcome. Join a circle of supportive, encouraging alumni who are glad to share tips and insight into the In-House world.
- Michelle Banks, UCLA Law Class of 1988, and co-chair of UCLA Law Women LEAD is EVP and Global General Counsel at Gap Inc.
- Marina Sarmiento Feehan, UCLA Law Class of 1990, former in-house counsel for Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO), is a Legal Career Consultant and Founder of Positive Counsel.
- Andrea Cheuk, UCLA Class of 2010, is Litigation Counsel at Tesla Motors, Inc.
- Anne Morrison, UCLA Class of 2006 is VP of Essex Corporation.
Event Location: Sheppard Mullin at Four Embarcadero Center in San Francisco
Event Date: Thursday, February 11, 2016
- 6:00-6:30pm Networking Reception
- 6:30-8:00pm Discussion
RSVP on the LEAD Network: https://uclalawwomenlead.com